Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Merry Christmas to me!

Ok, these aren't really Christmas gifts. Just a little update on my latest upgrades. As of two days ago, I'm now shooting primarily with the Canon 7D. What a beautiful piece of machinery! A really wonderful all-around camera, but with its lightning-fast frame rate and enhanced auto-focus abilities, it's really going to bring my sports photography to life! And the trusty Canon 20D will still be a great second camera to allow me the opportunity for wide-angle shots I haven't been able to get so far. This baby's first real test will come at the Sugar Bowl, so it couldn't have come a moment too soon.

I've also been shooting for a little while now with the Canon 70-200mm f2.8L lens. This is my number one lens for ... well, just about everything. Great for sports, portraits, you name it. Definitely a wise investment.

And finally, I'd like to give a shout out to my still relatively new Canon 430EXii flash. I haven't had a lot of opportunity to use this little guy yet, but he's proved a major upgrade over my Vivitar 285HVs in the few opportunities I have had. He'll definitely be getting a lot of work come wedding season, and will probably be joined by another 430EXii and a 580EXii to complete the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment